If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the first business day...
we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be made available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the day after we receive your deposit.
In addition, funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
- We have reasonable cause to believe that a check you deposit will not be collectible.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 on any one day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last 6 months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment.
- Deposits made at a Credit Union Family Service Center.
- New accounts.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the eleventh business day after the day of your deposit.
If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available. To determine the availability of your deposit in the case of a delay, the length of the delay is explained below.
back to top
Next Day Availability
Funds from the following deposits are available on the first business day after the day of your deposit:
back to top
- U.S. treasury checks that are PAYABLE TO YOU.
- Wire Transfers, including preauthorized credits, such as social security benefits and payroll payments.
- State and local government checks that are PAYABLE TO YOU.
- Cashier's, certified and teller's checks that are PAYABLE TO YOU.
- Federal Reserve Bank checks, Federal Home Loan Bank checks and postal money orders, if these items are PAYABLE TO YOU.
Other Check Deposits
Funds from other check deposits will be made available based upon the location of the drawer bank location. In other words, checks that you deposit which are drawn on a bank within our local Federal Reserve Bank district will be made available on the second business day after the day of your deposit. Funds from checks that are drawn on a bank outside of our district will not be available until the fifth business day after the day of your deposit. However, in all cases, the first $200.00 of each day's total check deposit will be available on the first business day after the deposit.
To determine whether your check deposit is drawn on a financial institution located in our Federal Reserve Bank district and when funds from your check deposits (other than those specifically stated in our next-day availability policy) will be available, look at the first four digits of the routing number on MICR line of the check.
back to top